- The JuicePedestal must be installed in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) and all applicable local jurisdiction requirements.
- Connectors must be UL Listed or UL Certified for outdoor-use due to local regulations, if necessary.
- Conduit fittings must be liquid-tight and UL Listed or UL Certified for outdoor-use.
- Charging station wires are already connected to the connector.
- Turn off the mains power to the hardwire connections.
- Use a multimeter to ensure that there is no power at the hardwire connections.
WARNING: Do not continue with the installation until the multimeter shows that there is no power at the hardwire connections to mains.
- Route the mains power hardwire connection into the pedestal from the bottom, then position the pedestal onto the ground stud anchors.
- Secure the pedestal to the ground stud anchors (refer to Installation Area for more information).
- Release the 10 fasteners that secure the back plate to the pedestal. Remove the back plate.
- Remove the mains power wire (L1, L2, Ground) insulation.
NOTE: Strip the insulation of the wire only as much as is necessary.
- Remove the sleeve from the connector port and cut at the appropriate mark from the wire being used.
NOTE: Make sure to cut the sleeve straight across the ends to ensure a tight seal between the wire and the sleeve.NOTE: If the wire diameter size (including insulation) is of the maximum size of the sleeve, then discard the sleeve. If the sleeve is discarded, refer to step 9.
- Reinsert sleeve again into the connector port.
- Remove the set screw access plug.
- Using the 3/16” hex key, loosen the set screw.
- For easy assembly of wire to the connector, apply the silicone grease to the wire insulation.
- Insert the mains power wire (L1, L2, Ground) into the connector port and make sure that the tip of wire touches at the back of the connector.
L1 L2 Ground
- Tighten the set screws to the recommended torque value.
Wiring Range (MCM/AWG)
Max Torque (In lbs)
#4 - #6 120 #1 - #3 120 2/0 - 1/0 AWG 120
- Reinsert the set screw access plugs (refer to step 9).
- Reinstall the back plate (refer to step 5).
- Reconnect power to the hardwire connections. The charging station turns on automatically.