This section describes how to update the JuiceBox firmware in the JuiceConfigure app.
- Do not attempt to perform the JuiceBox firmware update process unless the JuiceBox is already configured to a Wi-Fi network, is online, and the LED is white.
- Make sure to perform the Wi-Fi pairing process if the JuiceBox is not connected to Wi-Fi network. Refer to Configure JuiceBox Using Wi-Fi Connectivity instructions to connect the JuiceBox to Wi-Fi network.
- If the JuiceBox firmware update does not complete, it may be necessary to clear the cache files. Refer the instructions at the end of this section.
Reboot the JuiceBox and verify that the JuiceBox goes into setup mode by checking that the LED indicator flashes blue color.
- Open the JuiceConfigure app.
Scan the QR code on the JuiceBox’s side label or locate the 28-digit number above the Serial Number on label and enter it manually. Then, select "→" button.
Tap the CONFIRM button.
At the bottom of the screen, select Configure via Wifi.
Have the Wi-Fi network password ready, then select NEXT.
NOTE: If the JuiceBox is already power on before this step, disconnect it from power and re-connect again before proceeding.
Navigate to the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device. Connect to the "JuiceNet-###" Wi-Fi network. If the network requires a password, use the password "GoElectric" (case-sensitive).
NOTE: The actual name of the network varies by device, such as "JuiceNet-123".
- Return to the JuiceConfigure app. It will advance to the next page automatically.
On the top left corner of the screen, select 3 horizontal lines > Update charger firmware.
Select UPDATE CHARGER FIRMWARE.
NOTE: Your mobile device will be disconnected from the JuiceBox during the firmware update process.
- The LED lights on the JuiceBox will be off during the update and will turn on once the firmware update is complete.
Once the JuiceBox firmware is updated, select DONE.
- The JuiceBox will go into setup mode (LED indicator flashing blue color) when the firmware update completes and you can perform the Wi-Fi setup. The JuiceBox will automatically reconnect to the Wi-Fi network within 6 minutes.
Delete ECache files from JuiceBox
- Reboot the JuiceBox by powering it off for 15 seconds and verify that the JuiceBox goes into setup mode by checking that the LED indicator flashes blue color.
- Connect to the ‘JuiceNet’ Wi-Fi network from your mobile device or laptop’s Wi-Fi settings.
In a web browser, navigate to setup.com or to 10.10.10.1 and select Files tab from the left side menu.
Delete all of the ECache files, one at a time, by selecting the trash can icon next to each file.
NOTE: Make sure to delete only the ECache files.
Select the Connect tab from the left side menu.
Reconnect to a Wi-Fi network by selecting your network, then enter the password and select Connect.