Customers who use a load balancing group or who have set a maximum current level (amperage) for charging might have encountered an issue when their station rebooted with no access (or a pause in access) to WIFI communication. This issue is related to the maximum offline current settings on the JuiceBox which was identified and has since been updated. In most cases the update has been automatically download to your JuiceBox, however, if your station has not been consistently connected to WiFi since August 23rd then action may be required on your part. (see below)
Then, please follow the steps below to install the update:
Case 1: If your station is connected to WIFI with internet access and your car has been unplugged for a period of 24 hours or more since August 23rd, there is nothing for you to do. The update was released August 23 and your system has been automatically updated.
Case 2: If your station is not connected to WIFI with internet access, but you have set up load sharing or limited your amperage settings, please:
- Unplug your car from the charger; the charger cannot be in use.
- Power cycle your charger from the electric panel (by turning the circuit breaker off and on) or by unplugging the charger from the wall for 20 seconds.
- Turn your circuit breaker back on or plug the charger back in.
- Reconnect the charger to WIFI, so it will receive the firmware update upon restart, and reboot.
- Check that the charger is online through your app or dashboard before using. Once the charger is online, the update has been installed, and you are all set to use your charger again. This process can take up to 10 minutes, and the JuiceBox may reboot a few times
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any additional questions.