Release Date: 01-Jul-2020
Operating System: Gecko OS 4.1.11
Compatible Hardware: Next Generation JuiceBox and JuiceBox Pro 32, 40 and 48 manufactured starting in December 2019
- Issue is not completely resolved, but additional firmware changes were made to reduce the probability of a charger entering Safe Mode by strictly controlling the number of simultaneous communication sessions to the Internet.
- European compliant over-current protection was causing failure to charge issues with certain US market EVs, so over-current protection has been removed from the US JuiceBox code. Over-current protection is required in certain markets (Europe and China), but it is not required in the US. Over-current protection is viewed as an additional safety feature by Enel X, but it is not required by US/North America standards.
- On rare occasions, a charger can enter a mode where LEDs do not illuminate, and the unit will only charge at 12 A. The charger has gone into Safe Mode. Changes were made to the code to greatly reduce the probability of this occurring, but it could still occur.
- Wi-Fi configuration through Bluetooth not yet supported in firmware or mobile app. Bluetooth device setup will be supported in a future release.
- The charger now checks for firmware updates on a weekly basis instead of three times per day to reduce the likelihood of entering Safe Mode.
- European-style over-current protection is not enabled on JuiceBoxes sold in North America. Over-current protection is not required by US/North American standards.